Your complete guide to Byron Bay

Heading to Byron Bay? 

Here's what you need to do.

Last week I went on my first holiday to Byron Bay; and it was incredible! I have been wanting to go to Byron Bay for a few years now and I was so excited when I was finally able to lock in a time to go. As I was only going for four nights I did lots of research before I went on where to go and what to do. For such a stunning place, with so much to do, I didn't feel like there was a whole lot of information out there. So this is my guide of what to see and do in Byron Bay.

Cape Byron Walking Track

Or as I call it; the lighthouse walk. This walk was not on my list of to-do's in Byron Bay, we simply discovered it on our morning walk, along with the rest of Byron Bay! It is super popular for a morning walk, and for a good reason. Sporting spectacular views all along the walk, if you have to do one thing whilst in Byron, this is it!



Killen Falls

Just a 30 minute drive out of Byron Bay lies Killen Falls. A bit of a trek to get there, but very worth it. You can park around 10 minutes away from the falls, before making your way through the bush. Just after you are certain you're going the wrong way, you hear the falls. Once you manage to slip on every rock and your feet are thoroughly sore (or maybe that was just me) you will come to an opening where you will see the stunning Killen Falls. You can swim in the water (although it is mostly very shallow so you kind of just sit in the water) or you can simply sit on the rocks and take in the stunning falls. 






Yoga at Beachside Yoga and Massage

It doesn't matter if you've never done yoga in your life, this place is fantastic! Situated right on the beach, you can hear the waves as you enjoy your morning yoga class. I haven't done a lot of yoga before but this class was very manageable. It focused on breathing and meditation as well as the asanas. I literally floated out of my class. Yoga is a must do in Byron Bay! 



Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens

Crystal Castle is a 30 minute scenic drive out of Byron Bay, located in the Byron Bay hinterlands. It costs $28 for an adult and includes walking trails and spiritual activities. It is home to some of the biggest and oldest crystals in the world. It is utterly fascinating, however it is quite hippy, so you have to go in with an open mind!






Beaches

Main Beach

The main beach is a perfect spot to spend your day or for an evening stroll after dinner. Located right near the main street, including the iconic Beach Hotel, it is very easy to go back and forth for food throughout the day. The water is much warmer than Melbourne water (which isn't saying much) but it was so nice to have a swim. 



Tallows Beach & Cosy Corner

Tallows beach is around a 5 minute drive from the main street in Byron Bay. If you're looking for a beach that is less crowded than main beach, this is for you! 

At the northern end of Tallows Beach is Cosy Corner. It is situated next to a huge cliff that provides protection from the northerly winds. It is perfect for surfers looking for a clean break, therefore making it a popular spot for surfers.




Wategos Beach

We stumbled along this little gem on our walk to the lighthouse. It sits directly below the lighthouse and is a small beach, with a perfectly relaxed vibe.  




Byron Bay is one of my favourite destinations I have visited in Australia. I hope this helped give you a few ideas of what to do in the beautiful Byron Bay.


Comments

Popular Posts